NVC Math Faculty Create Math Lessons for McNay
Ron Wojnar’s Digital Video & Cinema Production students also went along to create a video to capture this project.
The preservice teachers were assigned a grade level and a section of TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills). Then, they walked through the McNay and created a math trail – a planned route that highlights the math found in that picture/sculpture.
The students will create presentations which the McNay will use to teach visitors about the mathematics that can be found in art! Each grade level will have its own math trail that addresses the TEKS for that particular grade level.
Thank you Mary Zocchi for coordinating this and representing NVC!
Higher Education in the News
- FLIP Your Classroom - A Conference You Don't Want to Miss
- Help Recruit for Student Government
- Check Out Palmetto Events
- Student Services Renovations
- Nominate a Student of the Month
- New EOM Selection Process
- Calling for College Connection Volunteers:
- Open Lines with Ric
- New NVC Employee Facebook Page
- Nominate an Employee