NVC Math Faculty Create Math Lessons for McNay
Ron Wojnar’s Digital Video & Cinema Production students also went along to create a video to capture this project.
The preservice teachers were assigned a grade level and a section of TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills). Then, they walked through the McNay and created a math trail – a planned route that highlights the math found in that picture/sculpture.
The students will create presentations which the McNay will use to teach visitors about the mathematics that can be found in art! Each grade level will have its own math trail that addresses the TEKS for that particular grade level.
Thank you Mary Zocchi for coordinating this and representing NVC!
Higher Education in the News
- Fotoseptiembre: Mixing It Up
- Internationally Acclaimed Writer Visiting NVC
- Open Lines with Ric
- Vice Chancellor Visit
- New NVC Employee Facebook Page
- Faculty Schedule, Newsletter & Resources
- Help Make NVC a Great College - Do Your One Goal!
- Counseling Services for Students
- Nominate an Employee
- Smoking Policy Updated